Emperor Charles VI ordered the construction of the Baroque State Hall for his Court Library. It was built from 1723 till 1726 according to the plans of the famous court architect Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, and carried out by his son Joseph Emanuel. The ceiling frescoes were completed in 1730 by the court painter Daniel Gran. The space of the book cupboards is enough for about 200.000 volumes.
Click here to view thumbnails of all participants in the theme day.