Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Bakery That Doesn´t Exist Anymore

I wanted to publish this photo for months, now there´s a sad reason to finally do it: This small bakery in the 19th district, a spin-off of a restaurant in the city center, was closed some days  ago. I have been there only a few times, because it was far away from my apartment, but I loved the white furnishing, the stuff was very nice and the sweets were delicious. I hope they´ll soon open another bakery in a more central location.

8 comments:

  1. Das sieht wie Orlando di Castello aus (gehört zum Wlaschek-Besitz).
    Vielleicht konsolidieren sie die Backstube im Cafe Central (die Konditorei Central gegenüber vom Palais Ferstel scheint ja auch geschlossen zu haben). Spannend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das war die OdC Bakery in der Obkirchergasse, hat leider gerade mal ein Jahr existiert. Ich denke, in zentralerer Lage hätte sie bessere Chancen. Mal sehen, ob noch ein zweiter Versuch gestartet wird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a shame to see a place like that close. Where in the 19th district was it located?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was in Obkirchergasse, a side street of Sieveringer Straße.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bakeries like this . . . classic, hand-made goodies. What a loss.
    Here's hoping they find a new location, and carry on . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pity. In Amsterdam the little bakery's are also disappearing . And with them some specialties . Times are changing . I have looked to your blog and I like it. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope they'll open a new one soon. Let us now immediately :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schade. Das sieht alles so lecker aus!

    ReplyDelete