Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Citybike Wien

The Citybike Wien public bike rental system was launched in 2003. You can hire a bike at currently 110 stations across Vienna and return it at any other station. The first hour of every ride is free of charge. Before hiring a citybike you need to register on the internet or directly at one of the terminals either with a credit card or an Austrian cash card. To my shame I have to admit that, although I love cycling, it wasn't until two weeks ago that I hired a citybike for the very first time. It was such a good experience that I have repeatedly rented a bicycle since then. It's perfect if you have lost the last subway...

3 comments:

  1. The same idea is in place here, though I don't know what the rates would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful convenience; ours are similar and are popping up all over with each passing year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had it in Strasbourg as well. My husband came two months before us to Vienna and used one of these bikes every day to get to work, from Belvedere to 1st district. I think he also used them to hunt for a flat!

    ReplyDelete